Your internal critic is the negative internal voice that intentionally commentates on your weaknesses and your fears. Your internal critic will tell you that you’re ugly, stupid, unworthy, fat, purposeless and a long list of other lies. It will be impossible for you to find fulfillment with this critic. The longer you live with this critic, the more familiar its voice will become. I have provided you 5 ways to disarm your internal critic.
- Introduce yourself to your critic while escorting it to the door. 2 Corinthians 10:5 tells us to take every thought captive. Don’t mingle with those negative thoughts, take them captive and send them on their way.
- Remember that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Your inner critic will have you thinking the opposite, but you cannot allow the critic’s to override God’s word.
- Think possible: When your inner critic tells you that your dreams are impossible you counter that with “oh, honey, please know that it is more than possible. All things are possible, “And Believe it!”
- Reframe: Instead of calling yourself fat, say “I would like to lose weight.” Stop bullying yourself.
- Remove “I Can’t” from your vocabulary. If you think you can’t, you won’t.
If you give your inner genius as much credence as your inner critic, you would be light years of where you now stand. Alan Cohen